Apricot Sugar Plum
|Dried apricots||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnut halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large 3-quart saucepan, place the apricots and 2 cups of water and bring this mixture to the boil covered. Remove from heat when it reaches boiling point and let it stand for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside till required
2. In a large 10-inch skillet, place the 2 cups of the sugar, 1 cup water and the corn syrup and place on the flame till it reaches boiling point. This will take 10 minutes. Simmer again for 15 minutes and cook without stirring
3. Add the drained apricots and then stir gently to ensure that they separate out. Simmer these for 20 minutes till the fruits are cooked. Remove the pan from heat and then let stand till cooled to room temperature. This will take 1-1/2 hours
4. Remove the apricots and set them to stand on a wire rack to cool. This will take 12 hours to cool down and firm up for stuffing.
5. Fill the centers of the apricots with half a walnut half and press the apricots around the walnut.
6. Roll in powdered sugar and place in a shallow baking tray
7. Cover with plastic wrap and chill till required
8. Drizzled with icing sugar and serve chilled or at room temperature