Almond Apricot Slices
|Plain flour||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Margarine||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Little Required)|
|Canned apricots||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Double cream||9 Fluid Ounce|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (110 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||4 Ounce (110 Gram)|
|Split almonds||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Fat||1 Teaspoon (A Little, To Grease Baking Tray)|
1. To make the pastry, in a bowl, add the margarine and the sugar and beat it until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in the yolk and blend well
3. Combine the flour and salt and add to the creamed mixture.
4. Add a teaspoon of cold water and stir quickly with a fork until you get a ball of dough.
5. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
6. Drain the apricots.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degree F using Conventional top and bottom heat.
8. Grease a baking sheet or flan tin
9. Roll out the dough to ½ inch thickness and line tin. Keep aside.
10. In a bowl, combine cream and sugar and whip until thick and stiff, forming soft peaks.
11. In a separate bowl, beat the egg until light and fluffy. Ensure the blades of your beater are washed and dried thoroughly.
12. Fold the egg into the cream then fold in the ground almonds.
13. Spread this mixture over the pastry dough.
14. Arrange the drained apricots on top with the hollow side up, lightly pressing them into the cream filling.
15. Place almonds into the apricot hollows.
16. Bake until pastry is golden.
17. Remove from oven and let cool.
18. Dust with sugar and slice.
19. Serve warm or cold, accompanied with custard sauce if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5023 Calories from Fat 3053
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 344 g529.3%
Saturated Fat 32.8 g164.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 400.8 mg133.6%
Sodium 388.1 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 435 g144.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.4%
Sugars 198 g
Protein 53 g105.2%
Vitamin A 131% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 35.1% Iron 46.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet