Brandied Apricot Loaves
|Coarsely chopped dried apricots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For brandied cream cheese|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce, softened (2 packages, 3 ounces each)|
|Powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
1. In a small bowl, combine ingredients for Brandied Cream Cheese and beat until well blended and creamy.
2. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours.
3. In a small bowl, add the apricots and sprinkle with brandy.
4. Pour the boiling water over them and set aside to soak for 10 minutes until soft and slightly plump.
5. Grease two (9-inch X 5-inch) loaf pans and dust them with flour.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
7. In a medium size, dry bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
8. In a large mixing bowl, drain the liquid from the soaked apricots and add sugar, eggs, oil and baking soda to it.
9. Use an electric mixer to beat the mixture until thick and pale.
10. Fold in the sifted flour mixture.
11. Add the apricots and nuts and lightly fold into the batter without over mixing.
12. Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans.
13. Place on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake loaves for 40 to 45 minutes.
14. When the crust is lightly browned and loaves are springy to the touch, remove them from the oven.
15. Let the loaves cool in the pan for 5 minutes then invert them onto wire racks.
16. Let cool until slightly warm.
17. Wrap the warm loaves in foil and let rest for 24 hours before serving.
18. Slice the Brandied Apricot loaves and serve with chilled Brandied Cream Cheese.
You can wrap the foil wrapped loaves in airtight plastic bags and freeze them for up to a month.