Millet With Apricots
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Uncooked millet||1 1⁄2 Ounce, hulled|
|Canned apricot halves||4 (With 2 Tablespoons Juice, No Sugar Added)|
|Artificial sweetener||1 Pinch (Equal 2 Teaspoons Sugar - As Required)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Slice apricots into 1/2-inch pieces.
2) Combine 1/2 cup milk and water in top half of a double boiler and allow the mixture to come to a boil over direct heat.
3) Slowly mix in millet and salt and cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Cover tightly and place this over hot water and cook for 35 to 40 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
5) Take a bowl and mix together apricots, 2 tablespoons juice, sweetener, sugar, margarine, vanilla, and remaining 1/2 cup milk in it.
6) Mix this with the millet mixture and cook for about 5 minutes until almost all liquid is absorbed.
7) Serve at once.