Stewed Apricots And Prunes
|Plump prunes||6 Ounce|
|Dried apricots||6 Ounce|
|Strong tea||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Hot)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Hot)|
1. Place prunes and apricots in 2 separate stainless steel or glass bowls.
2. Cover the prunes with hot tea and apricots with hot water and let soak overnight or for at least 4 hours until soft and plum.
3. Reserve the soaking liquid.
4. Pit the prunes and apricots using a small paring knife to make a slit and remove the stone.
5. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan combine the pitted fruits and the soaking liquids.
6. Add sugar to sweeten according to taste.
7. Place pan on a medium low flame and stew the fruit for 10 to 15 minutes, until they are soft but not mushy and syrup is thickened
8. Leave to cool to room temperature then serve or chill in the refrigerator before serving.
9. Serve the fruit with chilled cream if you like.