Fresh Apricot Cobbler
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant non fat dry milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe apricots||1⁄4 Pound, pits removed, quartered|
1. Grease an 8-inch square tin with the. Keep aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F
3. In a large bowl, flour, granulated sugar, dry milk, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
4. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles crumbs.
5. Stir in buttermilk quickly and just until crumb mixture is moistened. Keep aside.
6. In a medium size heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and water.
7. Place on a medium low flame and stir, until sugar and cornstarch dissolves and liquid comes to a boil.
8. When the liquid thickens, add the apricots and stew them for about 3 minutes until softened and glazed with the syrup.
9. Turn the apricots into the prepared baking tin and spread evenly
10. Using your fingers, scatter the crumble mixture over the apricots.
11. Place the tin in the preheated oven and let bake for about 25 minutes until the topping is golden and crisp.
12. Spoon warm dessert into bowls and serve plain or topped with fat free cinnamon flavored yogurt if you like.