Apricot Tidbits From New Zealand
|Orange||1 Large (Preferably Seedless)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Pound|
|Demerara sugar||1⁄2 Pound|
1) Cut the orange and squeeze out the juice.
2) Using a medium mincing plate, mince the orange shells alternately with the apricots.
3) In a thick pan, over low heat, heat orange juice and sugar.
4) Stir in orange and apricot and make a stiff paste by cooking slowly and stirring frequently.
5) Allow the mixture to cool a little and then transfer on to a board thickly dusted with granulated sugar.
6) Divide into pieces and figure into balls with wet hands.
7) Place the balls in a polythene bag and shake well with granulated sugar until coated thoroughly.
8) Place on cake rack to dry and serve accordingly.