Prune Apricot Squares
|Cooked prunes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), pitted and chopped|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Firmly Packed)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a saucepan and mix apricots, prunes, grated lemon rind, flour, lemon juice and sugar and stirring intermittently, cook, on low heat to a thick mixture. Allow to cool.
3. Sieve flour with salt; add brown sugar and oats.
4. Blend shortening with the mixture without leaving any lumps till mixture turns crumbly.
5. Take an 8 inch greased square pan, spread ½ portion of the dough, top will cooled filling followed by rest of the crumbly mixture. Press mixture down lightly and bake for 35 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and cut as squares.
7. Serve immediately.
Calories 735 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.2%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 246.8 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet