|Warm milk||100 Milliliter (1/2 Cup Warm Milk 110°F, 43°C)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||225 Gram (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Butter||40 Gram (3 Tablespoon)|
|Apricots/2 pound cans apricot halves||1 1⁄2 Pound (675 Gram)|
|Curd cottage cheese||350 Gram (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Cornstarch||15 Gram (2 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||40 Gram (3 Tablespoon)|
|Sliced almonds||15 Gram (2 Tablespoon)|
FOR YEAST DOUGH:
1. Stir a pinch of sugar into warm milk and sprinkle with yeast.
2. Let stand 5 minutes or until the surface is frothy.
3. Stir gently to moisten any dry particles remaining on top.
4. Sift flour, remaining sugar and salt into a large bowl.
5. Melt butter; cool slightly.
6. Lightly beat butter and egg into yeast mixture.
7. Pour into flour mixture, combining to make a dough.
8. Knead dough 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
9. Cover and let rise in a warm place 30 minutes.
10. Wash, halve and pit fresh apricots or drain canned apricots.
11. Press cottage cheese through a strainer into a medium bowl.
12. Mix in eggs, cornstarch, lemon peel and juice and sugar.
13. Grease a 13x9-inch (33x23-cm) cake pan.
14. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
15. On a floured surface, roll out risen dough to fit bottom of pan.
16. Place dough in greased pan.
17. Spread cheese mixture over dough and arrange prepared apricots cut-side down on top.
18. Sprinkle with almonds.
19. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
20. Cool slightly then slice and remove from pan.