|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon peel/Lime peel||1 (1 Strip)|
|Cinnamon piece||2 Inch (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Core unpeeled apples and cut into eighths.
2. In a saucepan, mix together apples, water, lemon peel and spices; simmer for about 15 minutes until apples are tender-soft.
3. In a food mill or sieve, press the cooked apples to get puree.
4. Gradually add 2 tablespoons of sugar; stir well and taste until sweetness is as desired.
5. Chill sauce until served.
6. Serve Spicy Applesauce over meat dishes.