Applesauce Raisin Spice Cookies
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes)|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon (If Desired)|
1) Heat oven to 375°.
2) In a bowl, add flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and allspice and keep aside.
3) In another bowl, mix together brown sugar and butter.
4) Beat at medium speed, for 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Add eggs and applesauce and continue beating till well mixed.
6) Lower speed and continue beating, gradually adding flour mixture.
7) Stir in the raisins.
8) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls and arrange 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet.
9) Place in oven for 9 to 13 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned.
10) Serving with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.