Diamond Applesauce Brownies
Butter or margarine - 6 tablespoons
Applesauce - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1, beaten
Orange peel - 1 teaspoon, shredded
Vanilla - 1 teaspoon
Sifted all-purpose flour - 1 1/4 cups
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Walnuts - 1/2 cup, chopped
Orange Glaze :
Sifted confectioners' sugar : 1 1/ cups
Vanilla - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - dash
Orange juice - about 2 tablespoons
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar and butter together.
3) Stir and cook over a medium heat until the butter is melted.
4) Remove from heat, beat in the applesauce, egg, orange peel and vanilla.
5) In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together.
6) Stir into the applesauce mixture along with the walnuts.
7) In a greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 -inch jelly roll pan, evenly spread the mixture
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
9) Orange Glaze : In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together to make mixture of glaze consistency.
10) Spread over the warm cake and slice into diamond shapes or bars.
11) Serve the Diamond Applesauce Brownies on a platter.