Applesauce Gingerbread Bars
|Unsweetened applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Take the baking pan and spray it with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2) Take a saucepan and put the applesauce. Cook over low heat to boil the applesauce.
3) Remove the pan from heat and add molasses and soda. Keep aside.
4) Take eggs and sugar in a bowl. Add oil and mix them properly.
5) Take the flour, spices and salt in a bowl. Mix them well.
6) Add this flour mixture to creamed mixture.
7) Add the applesauce mixture and mix them well.
8) Put the batter into the greased baking pan.
9) Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
10) Take away the baking pan and allow it to cool.
11)Cut into bars and serve
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1528 Calories from Fat 602
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.6%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1818.9 mg75.8%
Total Carbohydrates 217 g72.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.8%
Sugars 128.6 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 36% Iron 63.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet