Crunchy Top Applesauce Muffins
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Applesauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease the muffin tins
3) Mix together the flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt
4) Separately combine the applesauce, sugar, vegetable oil and milk. Beat the eggs and add to this mixture.
5) Add the dry ingredients mixed above to the wet mixture and stir well
6) Scoop the mixture into muffin tins till they are about two-thirds full and sprinkle the tops with the nuts
7) Bake in 350°F (180°C) in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
8) Serve the muffins warm and crisp