Sugar Free Apple Sauce
|Apples||1 1⁄2 Pound, pared|
|Cooking apples||1 1⁄2 Pound, pared, cored, and quartered|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 1⁄2 Inch|
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, bring the apples, cinnamon stick and water to a boil.
2) Cover and simmer on a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples are tender.
3) Allow to cool, remove and discard the cinnamon stick.
4) In a blender or a food processor, process the apples until it acquires a desired consistency.
5) Stir in the artificial sweetener, if desired.
6) Serve at room temperature or refrigerate in a covered container until required.