Applesauce Rye Muffins
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rye flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (No Sugar Added)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed dried fruit||3 Ounce, diced|
1. Preheat the oven at 375Â° F..
2. Take a medium mixing bowl and combine in it flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
3. Mix all the ingredients by gentle stirring.
4. Use a wire whisk and beat the ingredients applesauce, sugar, egg, and oil in another mixing bowl.
5. In another mixing bowl take flour mixture along with dried fruit; beat that mix as well.
6. Combine both the mixtures in one bowl.
7. Take twelve 2 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick muffin-pan cups and spray them with non-stick cooking spray
8. Pour equal quantity of batter in all cups[2/3 portion should be filled]
9. Bake the cups for 20-25 minutes until muffins are light brown in color
10. Insert a toothpick at the center of any cup, if the toothpick comes out clear, you can presume that baking is complete.
11. Transfer muffin to wire rack to cool
12. Serve as required.
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg5.9%
Sodium 150.2 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet