|Cooking apples||1 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
1) Peel the apples, core and slice them thinly.
2) In a pan, put 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and the apples. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
3) Through a coarse sieve, rub the cooked apples. Alternatively, puree in a blender.
4) Add the butter and stir well. If required, add the sugar.
5) Serve applesauce alongside roast pork, duck or goose.
If a more pungent horseradish applesauce is preferred, add 1 ½ tablespoons of freshly grated horseradish.