Applesauce Refrigerator Dessert
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
|Applesauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla wafers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add 1/4 cup lemon juice with sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
2) Fold in the egg whites.
3) Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to the applesauce and stir well.
4) Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan with waxed paper.
5) Create a layer of wafers in the bottom of the pan.
6) Pour over 1/2 of the milk mix and 1/2 of the applesauce mix.
7) Continue such layers, leaving the topmost layer with vanilla wafers.
8) Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
9) Invert onto a serving plate.
10) Serve topped with whipped cream.