Crustless Applesauce Pie
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Applesauce||4 Cup (64 tbs) (canned)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl add together flour, baking powder and salt.
2) Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender.
3) Add enough milk to knead a soft dough and shape into 16 balls.
4) Combine together 1/3 cup sugar and nutmeg.
5) Coat the balls with melted butter, and then with the sugar mix. Keep aside.
6) Combine the apple sauce, sugar to taste, orange rind, and juice and mix in the tapioca.
7) Transfer into a 10-inch pie plate.
8) Arrange the dough balls around edge and in the center of the pie.
9) Place in the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, till the puffs turn brown.
10) Serve with ice cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2801 Calories from Fat 1114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g194.3%
Saturated Fat 38.7 g193.6%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 47.3 mg15.8%
Sodium 1852.4 mg77.2%
Total Carbohydrates 403 g134.2%
Dietary Fiber 22.3 g89.2%
Sugars 190.6 g
Protein 29 g57.2%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 302.7%
Calcium 106.5% Iron 69.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet