Crustless Applesauce Pie
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Applesauce||4 Cup (64 tbs) (canned)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl add together flour, baking powder and salt.
2) Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender.
3) Add enough milk to knead a soft dough and shape into 16 balls.
4) Combine together 1/3 cup sugar and nutmeg.
5) Coat the balls with melted butter, and then with the sugar mix. Keep aside.
6) Combine the apple sauce, sugar to taste, orange rind, and juice and mix in the tapioca.
7) Transfer into a 10-inch pie plate.
8) Arrange the dough balls around edge and in the center of the pie.
9) Place in the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, till the puffs turn brown.
10) Serve with ice cream.