Fresh Uncooked Applesauce
|Red apples||3 (Unsprayed)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or More To Taste)|
1. Fill a large vessel with 3 cups cold water. Add lemon juice to the water.
2. Peel and core and thinly slice the apples into the cold water.
3. Allow the apples to soak in the water for 15 minutes, to prevent them from browning.
4. Use a medium size jar of a blender or food processor.
5. To the jar, add half the apple slices and all the spice and honey.
6. Blend the ingredients for a few seconds.
7. Add remaining half of the apple slices and pulse for another 5 seconds or until blended to a smooth sauce like consistency.
8. Transfer the sauce to a clean and dry air tight container or jar.
9. Allow the sauce to chill in the refrigerator.
10. Serve cold apple sauce with roast pork, warm pie or as a dessert with cream.