|Powdered gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking apples||450 Gram, peeled cored and sliced (1 Pound)|
|Artificial sweetener||To Taste|
|Muesli cereal||4 Tablespoon|
|Low fat spread||25 Gram (1 Ounce)|
|Dessert apples||2 , sliced|
|Apple juice||150 Milliliter (0.25 Pint)|
1. Put half the gelatine and the water in a heatproof bowl and stir over hot water until dissolved.
2. Heat the cooking apples with the lemon rind and juice and a few tablespoons of water until tender. Add sweetener to taste and beat in the yolk. Stir in the dissolved gelatine.
3. Bake the muesli in a preheated oven for 8 minutes. Mix with the low fat spread while still hot.
4. Spread muesli over base of a loose-bottomed 18 cm (7 inch) cake tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
5. Poach the dessert apple slices gently in the apple juice for about 3 minutes; remove carefully and drain on paper towels.
6. Combine the remaining gelatine with 2 tablespoons of apple juice in a heatproof bowl; stir over hot water to dissolve. Stir in remaining apple juice.
7. Spread the apple puree over the muesli base-arrange the apple slices on top. Spoon over the apple juice glaze.
8. Chill for 4 hours.