1. Wash and dry apples and insert thick lollipop sticks. Set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a heavy quart saucepan, heat all the ingredients except the vanilla over medium – low heat. Stir constantly until the caramel reaches soft ball stage (235°-240°F).
4. Remove from the heat and add vanilla. Cool for just a few minutes.
5. Using the stick inserted in the apples, dunk the apples in the hot caramel and twirl slowly away from the heat for a couple of minutes.
6. Coat the apples in chopped peanuts and place on the prepared baking sheet to harden.
7. Serve caramel apple for dessert.
Things You Will Need
Thick Lollipop Sticks / Popsicle Sticks