Mmm....apples, cinnamon, crumbly-crunchy oatmeal and brown sugar topping...a perfect, chilly-weather slow-cooker delight!
Granny smith apples/Braeburn apples
6 Large, cored, peeled and sliced
Quick cooking oats
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), packed
All purpose flour
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced and chilled
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a bowl, place the sliced apples and toss it with cinnamon powder and mix well.
2. In a cooker, which has been sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray, place the apples.
3. In another bowl, place together oats, brown sugar, flour and butter and mix together using fork or pastry cutter, until the mixture gets crumbly.
4. Add pecans and toffee bits and stir well to mix.
5. Spread the oat mixture over the apples in slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
6. Serve Praline Apple Crisp with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.