Apple Raspberry Crisp
|Granny smith apple||6 Cup (96 tbs), peeled and sliced|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for topping)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for topping)|
|Oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for topping)|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon (for topping)|
|Nutmeg||2 Teaspoon (for topping)|
|Margarine/Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for topping)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a bowl, add apple slices, and pour lemon juice on it to avoid browning. Toss.
3. Throw washed raspberries in bowl. Mix well.
4. Grease baking dish with non-stick spray, and lay apple raspberry mix in it.
5. For topping, in a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, and margarine.
6. With pastry cutter, cut margarine and mix it with flour. Mash and mix well with your hands. Do not use spoon.
7. Heap topping on the baking dish.
8. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, and place baking dish on it.
9. Pop it in oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until apples are nice and tender.
10. Serve apple raspberry crisp with ice cream.
You can also make it ahead and freeze before you bake.
Food processor can also be used to mix margarine with brown sugar and flour. Just add oatmeal later, because we do not want to cut and powder oatmeal.
If required cover baking dish with foil, to avoid too much browning and also to speed up cooking.
Calories 749 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.5 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g39%
Sugars 84.9 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 26.2% Vitamin C 23.7%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 51.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet