This simple concoction of local apples, onions and a touch of curry produces a terrific compliment to roast pork, turkey or even chicken. Great on thanksgiving sandwiches too!!
Golden delicious apples
Coconut pal sugar/Sugar
1 Tablespoon (or any substitution)
1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)
1 Pinch, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)
1⁄4 Teaspoon, prepared (or homemade)
1) Trim and slice the green onions.
2) Peel, core and dice the apples.
3) In a small sauce pot, add butter and sliced green onions, cook for two minutes over medium low heat to sweat the onions.
4) Add the apples, water, sugar, kosher salt, black pepper and curry power. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
5) Allow the compote to cool, then mash it up with a masher or process in a food processor until smooth.
6) Serve the Curried Apple Onion Compote as an accompaniment to roast pork, turkey, chicken or on Thanksgiving sandwiches.