|Honey crisp apples||10 Medium, chopped (FOR FILLING)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR FILLING)|
|Flour||3 Tablespoon (FOR FILLING)|
|Cinnamon||1 Tablespoon (FOR FILLING)|
|Unsalted butter||50 Gram (1/2 stick (FOR FILLING))|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (FOR FILLING)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pillsbury pie crust||2 Pound (2 packs)|
|Egg whites||2 Medium|
1. Wash and peel the apples. Core and cut them into large pieces.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. FOR THE FILLING: Heat a skillet on medium, put the apples.
4. To this add butter, lemon juice and brown sugar. Stir well.
5. After the brown sugar melts, put flour and cinnamon. Mix well by stirring.
6. Add a little water if the brown sugar starts to caramelize.
7. Cook on medium low for 25 minutes or till the apples turn soft.
8. Once the apples are cooked, turn off the heat and keep the mixture to cool.
9. FOR THE FOLDOVERS: Roll the pie crust to make thinner sheets.
10. Take a medium- sized mixing bowl and cut two rounds by placing it over the pie crust sheet and pressing. Keep aside.
11. Repeat this process to all the left over pie crust. You should be able to make 6 circles out of each pack.
12. Take a pie crust circle, put the filling on one half and fold the other half over it to look like a half-moon. Press the edges with a fork to seal it well. Puncture a few holes on the half moons.
13. Repeat this process with all the circles of pie crust.
14. Brush each fold over with egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
15. Place them on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or till they turn golden brown.
16. Take a serving plate, place the foldovers and serve hot.