1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix 2 1/2 cup of flour, vegetable Shortening, white sugar, and Water. Mix well and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Peel and slice up apples.
4. Combine apple in a bowl with some lemon juice.
5. In another bowl combine brown sugar,1/4 cup of flour, some cinnamon, and some nutmeg.
6. Add the mixture to the apples and make sure the slices are coated evenly.
7. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out into a thin slab.
8. Cover the inside of pie dish, and slice the remaining dough into strips.
9. Add the apples to the pie dish.
10. Form a crisscrossed lattice structure with the dough strips on top.
11. Bake for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees, and then allow to cool.