Part one of a three part TV special with acclaimed author Christianne Klein. In the three part special, Christianne shares four recipes for Health, Beauty and Body featuring Cinnamon. Recipes include "Cinnamon Cranberry Baked Apples with Cinnamon Vanilla Frozen Yogurt", "Cinnamon Chocolate Sugar Face and Body Scrub", and "Cinnamon Tisane and Cinnamon Potpourri Host Gift". Christianne also shares fun facts, historical information and health and wellness tips about the common spice, cinnamon. Part One: Cinnamon for Weight Loss and Food- "Cinnamon Cranberry Baked Apples with Cinnamon Vanilla Frozen Yogurt"
3 Medium, cored (organic)
1 Cup (16 tbs), dried
Light brown sugar/Dark brown sugar
1 Teaspoon, ground (plus 1 tablespoon for cinnamon yogurt)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (organic)
3 Cup (48 tbs), frozen (non fat)
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2) In a bowl, combine the dried cranberries, light brown sugar, ground cinnamon together.
3) Place the apples in a baking dish and spoon the cranberry mixture into the cored apples.
4) Scatter the remaining mixture into the baking dish.
5) Then pour the apple juice into the baking dish.
6) Bake in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes depending upon the size of apples.
7) Cinnamon yogurt : Slightly melt the frozen vanilla yogurt and combine with ground cinnamon.
8) Spoon over the pan syrup and serve the baked apples with scoops of cinnamon yogurt.