Vegan Apple Crisp
|Granny smith apple||6 Large, peeled, thinly sliced|
|Cinnamon||3 Teaspoon (1 teaspoon to mix with apples and 2 teaspoon for the topping)|
|Vegan butter/Non-hydrogenated margarine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (I used Earth Balance)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan/casserole dish with oil.
3. Mix the peeled and sliced apples with 1 tsp of cinnamon. Toss well.
4. Spread the apples in the greased pan/dish.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, vegan butter/margarine, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Work with your fingertips, until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the oats.
6. Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the apples.
7. Bake in the hot oven for 30-35 minutes until till golden brown and crisp.
8. Remove and cool slightly. Spoon into dessert bowls and enjoy warm.