1) Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2) In a bowl, stir together syrup, flour, and cinnamon until well blended.
3) Add apples and toss until evenly coated.
4) In a 13x9 greased glass pan, transfer and spread the mixture.
5) In a same bowl, using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the cookie mix until the mixture has the texture of coarse crumbs.
6) Stir in the pecans, if wished, and spread the mixture over apples in the baking pan and loosely cover with foil.
7) Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the apples are tender.
This is a good recipe to try with the kids. A delicious combination of apples mixed with oatmeal, this results in a wonderful consistency. A perfect balance between sweet and spice, watch and try this out soon!