Roasted Pink Lady Apples
|Dry white wine||185 Milliliter (preferably South African)|
|Orange||1 (use finely grated rind and juice)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Apples||6 , cored (South African Pink Lady)|
|Unblanched almonds||40 Gram, roasted and coarsely chopped|
|Mascarpone||2 Tablespoon (for serving)|
1. Heat the white wine and honey in a saucepan over a medium heat, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes or until syrupy.
2. Add the sultanas, remove from the heat and cool.
3. Preheat oven to 160°C. In a bowl, combine the orange juice, rind, cinnamon and sugar.
4. Slice each apple crossways into approx. 6 slices (keeping the slices together). Dip each slice in the orange juice mixture, then reassemble the apple slices and place in a baking dish.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sultanas from the syrup, combine with the almonds and spoon into the core of each apple.
6. Drizzle the apples with the syrup and the remaining orange juice.
7. Roast the apples, basting occasionally, for 40 minutes or until they are tender. Serve with mascarpone.