1. In a large skillet, melt bacon drippings or butter.
2. Pour apples evenly over skillet bottom.
3. Sprinkle lemon juice over them, then brown sugar and salt.
4. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes until apples are tender and juicy.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Serve warm, spooning the caramel from the pan over the apples
Don’t you just love Cracker Barrel’s fried apples? Guess what you do not have to go down to this country store to buy them cause this copycat recipe video shows you how to make these delicious apples at home. The ingredient list has nothing that you will not have in your kitchen. These cinnamony, sugary and buttery fried apples indeed taste just like the they are from Cracker Barrel!