1. Fill a medium size boiling pot half way with water.
2. Bring water to a boil.
3. Boil apples until they are tender (al dente - firm, not too soft).
4. Pour apples and water into a strainer, drain out water.
5. Place cooked apples in a large bowl.
6. With a potato masher, mash apples so they are a bit mushy, but still chunky.
7. Pour in lemon juice, Stir.
8. Add in cinnamon, walnuts, brown sugar and Frangelico or Amaretto. Mix.
9. Serve applesauce in a pretty dish, cup or glass, hot or cold, topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!