Apple Topsy Turvy
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Pared chopped tart apple||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Mincemeat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Grease a glass pie plate of 7 inches.
3) Into a bowl, sift together the baking powder, flour and salt. Add the oats and sugar and stir well.
4) Add the margarine to the mixture and rub it into the mixture with the help of your fingertips. Set the mixture aside.
5) To prepare the filling, in a bowl, mix together the mincemeat and apples.
6) Into the prepared pie plate, spoon about one-third of the oat mixture and press it evenly over the base.
7) Cover the mixture with half of the mincemeat mixture and then add another layer of the oat mixture. Cover with a layer of mincemeat mixture and top with the remaining oat mixture. Press to even the top.
8) Bake the prepared layers in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, till the surface is light brown in color and the preparation is just shrinking from the plate-€™s sides.
9) Turn the preparation out onto a warmed serving plate so that it is -€˜topsy-turvy-€™ (the base will now become the top). Use pot-holders to protect your hands.
10) Serve the preparation warm, at room temperature or even chilled. A dollop of whipped cream makes a good accompaniment. Apple Topsy Turvy is an excellent dessert.