Roasted Duck With Apples
|Duck||6 Pound (1 whole)|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Diced apples||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Prunes||12 , pitted|
|Dry bread crumbs||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Singe the duck to remove pin feathers. Wash and dry thoroughly.
2) Blend together salt, minced garlic and pepper to form a smooth paste.
3) Rub duck with the prepared paste.
4) Preheat oven to 400° F.
5) Take a mixing bowl and combine together prunes, apples, sugar and bread crumbs.
6) Stuff the duck with the prepared mixture and close the opening.
7) Take a roasting pan and place the stuffed duck in it.
8) Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
9) Reduce temperature to 350° F and roast for another 2 1/2 hours or until duck turns tender and brown. Keep pouring off fat during roasting.
10) Transfer to a platter. Carve and serve.