|White cabbage head||3⁄4 Pound|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) With a sharp knife, shred the cabbage finely, discarding the central core. Put eh cabbage in a large bowl.
2) Grate the apples coarsely without paring them.
3) With 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, sprinkle the grated apples to keep them from discoloring.
4) Scrape the carrots and then coarsely grate them.
5) Add the apple and carrots to the cabbage in the bowl and toss well.
6) With the remaining lemon juice, mix the mayonnaise and season to taste.
7) Add the mayonnaise mixture to the cabbage mixture and toss thoroughly to combine.
8) Transfer the coleslaw to a dish and serve right away, while still fresh. The slaw makes an excellent side dish to roasts, grills, sandwiches, etc.
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg6.5%
Sodium 264 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 104.4% Vitamin C 69.3%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet