|Apples||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Use margarine to thoroughly grease a shallow 2-quart heatproof dish.
3) Pare the apples and the core and quarter them. Slice the apples thinly.
4) Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
5) In the prepared dish, layer the apple slices. Between the layers, sprinkle the spiced sugar mixture. Sprinkle water all over the layers.
6) To prepare the topping, in a bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, salt and flour. Add the melted margarine and stir well with a knife till thoroughly mixed.
7) Over the apples, sprinkle the topping evenly.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, till the apples are very soft and the topping is crisp and brown in color.
9) Transfer the freshly baked preparation to a serving plate and serve hot or warm, right from the dish. Makes a good dessert.
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 104.7 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet