Vegetables and Apple Duchesse
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Potatoes||1 , cooked and mashed|
|Dessert apples||2 , peeled, cored, quartered and poached with juice of 1/2 lemon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Baked beans||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (1 Small Can)|
|Tomatoes||3 , sliced|
1) Preheat the grill.
2) In a bowl, beat half the beaten egg into the mashed potatoes.
3) In an ovenproof dish, spread half the potato mixture at the base.
4) Pipe rest of the potato mixture around the edge in a border to form a potato case.
5) Place under a hot grill for 5 minutes.
6) Brush potato with rest of the beaten egg and grill another 8 to 9 minutes.
7) In the prepared potato case, arrange sections of the apples, baked beans and tomatoes.
8) Divide the sections with small parsley sprigs and sprinkle the apple with paprika to taste.
9) Serve the Vegetables and Apple Duchesse immediately.