Everyday Baked Apple
|Baking apples||4 Medium|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the apples, core them and then slice the skin around apple such that all the skin is off but leave a rim of skin 1/2-inch from top.
2. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and butter and stuff it into the core of each apple
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and arrange the apples in a ring in large 9-inch round glass dish. Microwave on (high), covered for about 5 minutes. Ensure that you rotate the dish 1/4 turn halfway through cooking process to prevent sticking and burning.
4. Cover and rest the dish for 5 minutes till the apples are done. If required, cook 1-2 minutes longer
5. Serve warm or at room temperature