Raspberry Apple Conserve
|Sugar||9 Cup (144 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced apples||6 Cup (96 tbs) (transparent or other early variety)|
|Red raspberries||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan, boil sugar and water at 230° Fahrenheit until syrup spins to a thread.
2. Add apples and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add raspberries and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Serve Raspberry Apple Conserve over bread toast.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7554 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 63.3 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1942 g647.3%
Dietary Fiber 35.4 g141.4%
Sugars 1894.9 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 786%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet