Apple Raisin Pandowdy
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|English muffins||1 , split (Thomas' Original)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tart apples||2 , peeled, cored, coarsely chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
2) In a large bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of sugar, salt and cinnamon.
3) Take the split muffins and spread them with margarine. Slice the muffins into cubes.
4) To the sugar mixture add in the muffin cubes. Add in the apples and raisins and fold them over well.
5) In a bowl, mix the water and honey. Pour the mixture into the muffin bowl. Stir well.
6) Cover the bowl with a foil and bake for 20 minutes.
7) Take the foil and dust the muffins with the leftover sugar.
8) Without the foil on, bake for 30 more minutes.
9) Allow the bake to cool down for about 10 minutes.
10) Serve the Apple Raisin Pandowdy with whipped cream dusted with cinnamon powder.