Cranberry Apple Conserve
|Cranberries||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 can, 2 1/2 cups)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Sugar||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, slivered (1 package)|
1. Pick and discard soft cranberries.
2. Cut unpeeled apples into quarters and core them.
3. In a food chopper with medium blade, process cranberries and apples.
4. Extract juice from orange and lemon discard seeds.
5. Using a fine blade in food chopper, grind lemon and orange peels.
6. In a kettle, put together ground fruits, peels and pineapple; bring mixture to a boil.
7. Stir in pectin; bring to a boil again.
8. Add sugar and bring to a boil with constant stirring; boil hard for 1 minute.
9. Remove kettle from heat; stir and skim for 5 minutes.
10. Stir in almonds.
11. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
12. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
13. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
14. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
15. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
16. Serve Cranberry Apple Conserve with bread or toast.