Cranberry Apple Conserve
|Cranberries||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 can, 2 1/2 cups)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Sugar||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, slivered (1 package)|
1. Pick and discard soft cranberries.
2. Cut unpeeled apples into quarters and core them.
3. In a food chopper with medium blade, process cranberries and apples.
4. Extract juice from orange and lemon discard seeds.
5. Using a fine blade in food chopper, grind lemon and orange peels.
6. In a kettle, put together ground fruits, peels and pineapple; bring mixture to a boil.
7. Stir in pectin; bring to a boil again.
8. Add sugar and bring to a boil with constant stirring; boil hard for 1 minute.
9. Remove kettle from heat; stir and skim for 5 minutes.
10. Stir in almonds.
11. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
12. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
13. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
14. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
15. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
16. Serve Cranberry Apple Conserve with bread or toast.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5739 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 115.6 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1416 g472%
Dietary Fiber 56.6 g226.3%
Sugars 1292.1 g
Protein 18 g36.7%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 324.3%
Calcium 33.9% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet