Apple Mystery Dessert
|Graham cracker crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , well beaten|
|Canned sweetened condensed milk||15 Ounce (1 can)|
|Thick applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten stiff|
1) In a bowl, combine crumbs, butter and sugar and save 1/2 cup mixture for later use.
2) Take an 8x12" pan and spread crumbs at the bottom and sides.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix together yolks, milk, applesauce, lemon juice and rind.
4) Then add egg whites and mix well.
5) Pour this mixture on crumbs and spread some more crumbs on top.
6) Chill the apple mystery dessert until set or overnight.
7) Serve the dessert garnished with mint leaves and whipped cream.