|Apple slices||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For nutmeg sauce|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) In a slow cooker, place together apples, sugar, cinnamon, and water.
2) Put the lid and simmer for 4 to 6 hours until apples are cooked.
3) Raise the heat to high.
4) In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5) Stir in the butter and milk.
6) Place 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture over each apple.
7) Put the lid and cook over high heat for 30 minutes without removing the lid.
8) In a saucepan, mix together sugar and flour.
9) Gently stream in the water and heat to boil, stirring continuously until thickened.
10) Add butter and nutmeg.
11) Serve the hot apples with dumpling in individual dessert bowls topped with the nutmeg sauce.
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.3 mg5.1%
Sodium 270.1 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 29.2 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet