Baked Apples with Prunes Cinnamon and Ginger
|Cooking apples||4 , cored but left whole|
|Ginger stem||2 , finely chopped|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Prunes||4 , chopped|
|Light muscovado sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Vanilla ice cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (4 Big Scoops, For Serving)|
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
2) Score a line around the equator of each apple with a knife.
3) Place the apples in a baking dish with a little water at the bottom.
4) In a bowl, combine the ginger, cinnamon, prunes and sugar together. 5) Stuff the mixture into the apples until well packed.
6) Top each stuffed apple with a knob of butter.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
8) The apples can be cooked up to a day ahead, then warmed in the oven or microwave before serving.
9) Remove the apples from oven and baste with the liquid in the dish.
10) Serve the Baked Apples with Prunes Cinnamon and Ginger hot or warm with vanilla ice cream.