Flaming Baked Apples
|Chopped candied ginger/Candied orange peel / other candied fruit||2 Tablespoon|
|Apples||4 Large, cored but not through the bottom|
|Plum brandy/Vodka||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), warm (For Flaming)|
1) In a bowl, mix together candied ginger and raisins.
2) Stuff the cored apples with the ginger mixture.
3) Place the apples in the slow cooker, not touching the sides of cooker to avoid burning.
4) Stack the apple if needed.
5) Dredge the sugar over apples.
6) Put the lid and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
7) Using perforated ladle remove the apples and place on individual serving plate.
8) Gently stream warmed brandy or vodka over the apples and ignite the alcohol.
9) Serve while still flaming.