Apple Cinnamon Crunch
|Applesauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red cinnamon candies||3 Tablespoon|
|Red food coloring||5 Drop|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart, softened|
|Cinnamon streusel coffee cake mix||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned apple pie filling||21 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan, heat the applesauce, cinnamon candies and food coloring, until the candy is dissolved; allow to cool.
2) Stir into the ice cream and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
3) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
4) In a large bowl, combine the topping mix and cake mix from the cinnamon streusel coffee cake mix thoroughly.
5) In a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan, lightly press half of the mixture at the bottom.
6) Spread over the apple pie filling and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
7) Then top with rest of the dry mixture and sprinkle 1/4 cup water evenly over the topping.
8) Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
9) Slice into squares, top with a scoop of ice cream mixture and serve the Apple Cinnamon Crunch immediately.