Baked Apple Omelette
|All-purpose flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Cooking apple||1 , cored and cut into thin wedges|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, combine together the baking powder, flour and salt. Set aside.
3) Beat the egg whites till they start to form soft peaks and then add 1 tablespoon of sugar very gradually. Beat well till stiff peaks start to form.
4) Set the mixture aside.
5) Combine together the milk and egg yolks. Mix thoroughly.
6) To the reserved flour mixture, add the egg yolk mixture. Stir well till the dry ingredients are moistened.
7) Into the flour mixture, fold the reserved egg whites.
8) Add the lemon juice and stir well.
9) Use cooking spray to coat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet and place it in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
10) Take the skillet out of the oven and pour the egg mixture into it.
11) Over the egg mixture, arrange the apple wedges in a circle.
12) Combine together the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle all over the apple slices.
13) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or till set.
14) Serve the omelet while it is still hot. Can be served with toasted whole wheat bread for a wholesome low-fat breakfast.