|Cooking apples||4 Large|
|Orange/Lemon||1 , juiced and grated rind|
1. Wash, core and peel the apples. Cut a circle around the apples through the skin sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent oxidation
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F
3. Stand the apples in a baking tin or in a fireproof glass or china dish.
4. Stuff the center of the apples with sugar or sugar syrup and the fruit and its rind. Pour a little water around the apples and then bake for 1-1 ½ hour till the apples are done.
5. Serve warm with the syrup and chilled clotted cream