Pear Apple Fans
|Pears||3 Medium, cut into halve lengthwise, stem intact and bottom cored|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Red delicious apple||1 Medium, cored and cut into 24 thin wedges|
|Unsweetened apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175C (350F).
2. In a small bowl, combine apple juice, cinnamon powder and lemon juice. Mix well and keep aside.
3. On the curved side of each pear halve, make 4 slits lengthwise from stem end to bottom, keeping stem end intact. The pear halve will now resemble a fan when pushed gently.
4. Place these pears (flat side at bottom) on a 13 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
5. Coat evenly with lemon juice.
6. In between each pear slit, place apple wedges (skin side on top).
7. Pour prepared apple marinade evenly over pears and cover with foil or oven proof lid.
8. Bake in pre heated oven for 30 minutes or till pears are cooked.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside.
10. Transfer on to a dessert platter and serve warm.